05 May 2011

Hectic insanity

I realize I haven't posted in a while.  Things have been rather hectic around here lately...between spring planting and children getting excited about school ending soon, plus hubby working extra hours (we need a few extra days worth of income to make it to my sister's wedding at the end of the month) - it's just been crazy around here.

Insanity - but the good kind of insanity. 

James had an American-themed concert at his school earlier this week.  I tried taking some video...not sure yet how well it came out.  If it's clear, I'll post a clip or two to this blog.  Jacob has a concert himself next week - I'll try to take video of that as well.  Jon doesn't have any concerts, but he's getting excited about summer break.

Gardening has become much more difficult than I had anticipated.  The neighbor who was going to loan me her rototiller has had some problems with the machine, so I have to dig the entire garden by hand.  When you consider that I was planning over 400 square feet in the backyard and another 200 square feet in the front...well, suffice it to say that I've been remarkably busy.  All that digging has to occur in between rain showers and laundry, dirty dishes and cooking, baking bread and trying new recipes.  It's a madhouse around here, but a fun one.

Now, can someone pass me the Tylenol?  Digging a garden out by hand is killing my lower back!

No comments: